These are some of the questions that you should pose each time you watch a documentary film:
- How was the film funded?
- What are the implications of its title?
- How was the film distributed? (e.g., Theatrical release, NetFlix, DVD, PBS, etc.)
- Who/what is/are the subject(s) of the film?
- What are the problems/solutions presented?
- What is left unaddressed or unresolved at the end of the film?
- Who is not represented in the film?
- What is the film’s message regarding the relationship between individual agency and corporate responsibility?
- What issues, if any, are addressed beyond the consumption of food?
- How did the producers convey ideas through multimedia? How were images, video, audio, graphics, text/special effects assembled for audience affect?
- Where do culture, politics, economics come into play in their relation to food media?