When Michelle Obama travels to schools across the country emphasizing increased individual physical fitness with the inspirational mantra of “Let’s Move, it does not diminish the responsibility of Congress to hold the food and beverage industries accountable for their manufacturing and marketing practices. (Domine, 2015)
Wed 8 Nov
- Cookbook Analysis due in Canvas by 8pm today (deadline extended)
- Food Politics [Lecture]
- Reading: Domine, V. (2015) “The Politics of Adolescent Health,” in Healthy Teens, Healthy Schools: How Media Literacy Education Can Renew Education in the United States. Lanham: Rowman & Littlefield. pp. 73-85.
- National Media Literacy Week | Nov 6-10
Fri 10 Nov
- Viewer Response #5 Due (What the Health)
- “Mobile Daily Classroom Makes Stop in Redlands” The Dairy Council of California is doing “nutrition education.” Based on the various perspectives of and about the documentary “What the Health?” is this educational? advertising? public service announcement? propaganda?
- Introduction to Food Media Literacy (Final) Project